Last week was the first part of our review of the announcements from Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference, which focused on the operating system announcements around iOS, OS X, and watchOS. This week, we follow up on that episode with a discussion focused on the content-centric announcements from WWDC, principally Apple Music and the News app.
Our Question of the Week discussion this episode focuses on the DJs Apple has hired away from Radio 1, Hot97, and Rinse FM to host its new Beats 1 radio service. We did some research on the background of these three very different DJs, their strengths, why Apple hired them, and what they’re likely to do for Apple. This discussion starts around 20:25 in to the episode.
Here are some useful links relating to this week’s episode:
- The WWDC keynote on Apple.com
- Jan’s blog post with ten thoughts on WWDC
- Jan’s weekly post on Techpinions diving into the content news in more detail
- Jan’s press comment on the WWDC news
- The Radio page on Apple’s new Music site
- A Radiolab episode Jan alludes to, which covers Hot97 (Ebro Darden’s former station) and its sometimes controversial relationship with hip-hop artists.
Please leave us a comment or get in touch via Twitter to give us feedback. We’d love to hear from you.