This week’s episode is all about Microsoft and Apple’s two big events this week. We first talk through Microsoft’s announcements, including the Windows 10 Creators Update, various creativity software, Microsoft’s first VR play, and more. Then we discuss Apple’s big announcements including the new TV app for Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad, and the new MacBook Pros. For the last part of the episode, we compare the announcements and discuss the broader significance of what each company is doing, and how they will compete going forward. Next week, we’ll likely do an earnings-focused episode.
As usual, you’ll find some links to related content as well as other ways to listen to the podcast beneath the embedded Soundcloud player below.
We invite listeners to submit questions for subsequent weeks in the comments below, on Twitter (@jandawson, @aaronmiller), or via email (jan at jackdawresearch dot com). We also have a dedicated Podcast Twitter handle at @BDPcast.
Here are some useful links relating to this week’s episode:
- Ars Technica article about the technology in the MacBook Pro, focusing on how Apple bridges the ARM and Intel chips.
- Jan’s Techpinions Insiders piece on Monday was a scene setter for this week’s events
- Jan’s media comment on Microsoft’s event
- Jan’s weekly public Techpinions column gave a longer take on Microsoft’s event
- Jan’s media comment on Apple’s event
- Jan’s blog post covering both events from Thursday evening.
Please leave us a comment or get in touch via Twitter to give us feedback. We’d love to hear from you. Also, we’d love it if you would leave a review of the podcast on iTunes.